Only fill in this section if you desire airport pickup from Tumbling River. Please give us specific plans. Remember when making your airline arrangements that our first availabel pick-up on Sunday is 1:00 pm. Also, we are happy to return your family to the airport as early as needed, but the last shuttle leaving Tumbling River Ranch is on Sunday at 9:00 am.
PARTICIPATION, WAIVER, AND RELEASE
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.
In consideration for being permitted by Tumbling River Ranch including its owners, agents, and employees, to participate in an equine activity, I agree to the following release of liability. I also understand, acknowledge, and assume each and every risk associated with the unique character of an equine activity, any of which can cause injury or even death.
I UNDERSTAND THAT THESE RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
1. The existence of riding areas where objects, hazards and other dangerous latent conditions on the land are not visible or marked, and trails are not groomed, maintained, or controlled;
2. Weather, environmental, and surface and subsurface conditions that are unpredictable and dangerous, including risks associated with lightning, snow or ice accumulation, high altitude conditions, fallen timber, wild or domestic animals, ditches, and other natural hazards and dangers;
3. The unpredictability and uncontrollability of horses, including how they may react to other animals, and to the conduct and actions of other riders, at any time. Without warning, horses may kick, bite, stomp, stumble, rear, bolt, fall, buck, unpredictably turn, and react to sudden movements, noise, light, vehicles, and other animals, persons, or objects;
4. Tack or equipment that may break, fail to function properly, or be otherwise faulty;
5. The potential of a participant to act in a negligent, careless, or otherwise improper manner, such as failing to maintain control of the animal or not acting within his or her ability;
6. The risk that a participant may be unable to safely manage the particular animal provided to him or her, or be unable to safely engage in a certain equine activity; and
7. Risks associated with guide decision-making and conduct including, without limitation, the risk that a guide may misjudge an individual’s capabilities, or misjudge terrain, weather, trail location, some aspect of medical treatment, or the character of a horse.
I acknowledge that the above risks are not complete and there are other risks, hazards, and dangers associated with equine activities, which may be unknown or unanticipated.
Under Colorado Law, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities, pursuant to Section 13-21-119, Colorado Revised Statutes.
In exchange for Tumbling River Ranch’s permission to participate in an equine activity, I hereby RELEASE FROM ANY AND ALL LEGAL LIABILITY, AND AGREE NOT TO SUE, CLAIM AGAINST, ATTACH THE PROPERTY OF, OR PROSECUTE, AND FURTHER AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY (“indemnify” meaning protect by reimbursement or payment), AND HOLD HARMLESS Tumbling River Ranch and all of its owners, officers, agents, and employees, with respect to any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, and expenses (including costs and reasonable attorney fees), including for NEGLIGENCE OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of my (or my minor children’s) participation in an equine activity.
I agree that this document and all other aspects of my relationship with Tumbling River Ranch are governed by the laws of the State of Colorado.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ, VOLUNTARILY SIGN, AND CLEARLY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A RELEASE FROM ANY LEGAL LIABILITY. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT ANY AND ALL RISKS, HAZARDS, AND DANGERS, INCLUDING THOSE MENTIONED HEREIN, AND MY AGREEMENT TO THIS RELEASE OF LEGAL LIABILITY, APPLY EQUALLY TO ANY MINOR CHILDREN ON WHOSE BEHALF I SIGN THIS DOCUMENT.